I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

How Many Clocks Do I Need?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
robfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nice
How Many Clocks Do I Need?

2015 Civic EX

There is a clock on the center display (touch screen with audio), and there is another clock on the display up next to the speedometer.

I was hoping I could turn off this 2nd one. I looked in the book, and tried all of the options, but found nothing.

This is not a very well thought-out dash, electronically-speaking.

And I couldn't find much information on my automatic headlights.
This is my first car with them, and they are a tad on the confusing side.
Old 09-20-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How Many Clocks Do I Need?

You can turn off the clock on the radio display.

What's confusing about the auto headlights? Leave the stalk set to auto and forget it
(until someone like me is in the car and turns everything off to conserve battery power)

You got rid of the old Civic?
Old 09-20-2017
Registered!!

robfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nice

Twice in the last 6 weeks I checked the oil to find just a drop on the end of the dipstick.
I have a 33 mile one-way commute. I needed reliable transportation.
My clutch knee was getting tired, too.

I do, especially like the blind spot camera on the passenger mirror. It was a little weird at first, but I am appreciating it more and more.

I should have kept the old one, just because they gave me so little for it, but if I have a car payment, I sure don't have any money to dump into a pit.
$600 (and I needed everything I could muster for a down payment), with a bad ECU, cat, two burns in the driver's seat. The best thing about it was straight metal and plastic, and I could squeeze 42 MPG out of it.
Old 09-20-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
What's confusing about the auto headlights? Leave the stalk set to auto and forget it
When I was playing with the myriad of settings on this car, I did see something about adjusting light sensitivity. But I can't find it, now. The book offers up very little information.

And they pretty much force you to use the volume control on the steering wheel. The touch screen volume control is NOT driver friendly. Actually, the whole touch screen radio is not driver friendly (what can I say, I am a baby boomer). But it will have to do. Chalk it up to buyer's remorse. It is a constant companion.

I did look at one 8th gen, that was being cleaned up at a dealership. Looked pretty rough compared to my old one.
No, I did not take enough time shopping. I just wanted to get it over with.
However, the finance lady did a remarkable job getting me a great rate, considering I bankruptcied 18 months ago.
Old 09-22-2017
Registered!!

Well, I turned off the big clock.

I think I am just going to tape over the small clock, and use the big one.
There is just no pleasing some people.

Still undecided whether to tape over the MPG meter, or not. In the loaner I was in when my old car was being worked on, it drove me nuts. I am beginning to get used to it in this car. Kind of redundant, though, with the two blue/green "ears".
It is nice that they put these things in the car to encourage us to conserve fuel, but I am already hypermiling. Get on the highway 10 miles out of town and put it on 60 (coming home at 2230) in a 65/70 zone (trucks/cars), and you would think I was standing still. Even moreso when I hit town where the limit is 55. I continue to do 60, and they continue to go 75...