I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Tried USB Aux Cable, Car Now Dead

Old 05-29-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MajTom7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tried USB Aux Cable, Car Now Dead

I prepared a USB flash drive for my CR-V. It worked there so I tried using it in my 2009 Civic. I had no idea that there was a USB aux cable in my Civic until yesterday. So I attached the flash drive, turned the ignition on accessories, then turned on the radio. It played from the drive for a few seconds before the radio went dead. I turned the ignition off then tried to start the car. Nothing other than the instruments coming on and cycling... The car was working fine until then.

Any thoughts? Thank you.
Old 05-29-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tried USB Aux Cable, Car Now Dead

Weak battery.
Jumper cables/jump start or charge up the battery
Old 06-01-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Op you must have had a virus file on the usb drive that made it to the vehicle ecu...

jk
Old 06-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MajTom7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dealership said it was the battery. Replaced it and everything seems to be working... but I will not touch that cable again LOL

Before I copied over the music files, I had only used the drive as backup storage. It came up clean when scanned.

Search this Thread