I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2015 EX / iPhone 7 Plus BT - receive text but it does not show sender's number

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017
sbi
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sbi is an unknown quantity at this point
2015 EX / iPhone 7 Plus BT - receive text but it does not show sender's number

Hello,

Phone is paired fine, I can listen to music via BT, I can make and receive calls, I even receive texts.
However, the number of person who send the text does not show on the screen (see pic below - you can see the space next to the phone icon underneath date/time is blank. This is where the sender's name or number should appear in the notification).

I tried with Android and in Android the sender's number appears fine.

Any idea?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170519_195053.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	89833  
Old 05-19-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 EX / iPhone 7 Plus BT - receive text but it does not show sender's number

I tried with Android and in Android the sender's number appears fine.
So the car isn't the problem....it's probably the iphone. The majority of the phone problems I hear about involve iphones. (I try to stay far away from this stuff and let the teenagers handle it on the service drive.)

Try deleting the iphone from the car, then re-pair it to the car?

Check if your phone is on the compatibility list, and check which functions are or are not supported for your particular car/phone/version/carrier/etc.

http://automobiles.honda.com/handsfreelink/
Old 05-20-2017
sbi
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sbi is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2015 EX / iPhone 7 Plus BT - receive text but it does not show sender's number

Originally Posted by ezone
So the car isn't the problem....it's probably the iphone. The majority of the phone problems I hear about involve iphones. (I try to stay far away from this stuff and let the teenagers handle it on the service drive.)

Try deleting the iphone from the car, then re-pair it to the car?

Check if your phone is on the compatibility list, and check which functions are or are not supported for your particular car/phone/version/carrier/etc.

http://automobiles.honda.com/handsfreelink/

Yeah, seems like it and the supported iPhones in the list are up to 5, not 6 or 7 or even iOS 10.

Thanks!!