I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Stereo/Radio Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edherdman14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stereo/Radio Issue

I have an issue with my stereo that started today. It will just randomly shut off and start back up again after about 3 seconds. It's like it's resetting itself. Happened about 5 times during my 20 minute commute today.
Old 05-05-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Stereo/Radio Issue

Check the positive and negative battery cable terminals to ensure are tight/good connection. Also check the fuse that is associated with the stereo..could have poor contact.

With the stereo on slap the dash a bit near the stereo to see if it effects the stereo. Possible loose stereo harness connection or break in wiring. Better yet, if you can get access to sereo wiring harness and jiggle the wires. Need to check servce manual or youtube to find out how to access.

This is also a posibility: some stereos go into protect mode to avoid overheating (faulty internal component) and shut themselves off: https://www.google.com/#q=do+car+ste...ing+protection
Does you car have an external amplifier?