I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Is the 2009 Civic ODB2 port "live" when the car is off?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MikeTwo is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the 2009 Civic ODB2 port "live" when the car is off?

Hi Everyone

Does anyone know if the the 2009 Civic ODB2 port "live" when the car is off?

I need to install a solar trickle charger and the ODB2 port needs to be live or else I'll have to wire it directly to the battery (pain the the button wires hanging outside the car )

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is the 2009 Civic ODB2 port "live" when the car is off?

It's supplied a constant (fused) power source (term# 16) and ground (term# 4 and 5) at all times.

AFAIK this is a rule and all OBDII compliant vehicles must be wired this way on these specific terminals. (don't quote me on this though)
Old 05-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MikeTwo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Is the 2009 Civic ODB2 port "live" when the car is off?

Originally Posted by ezone
It's supplied a constant (fused) power source (term# 16) and ground (term# 4 and 5) at all times.

AFAIK this is a rule and all OBDII compliant vehicles must be wired this way on these specific terminals. (don't quote me on this though)
Thanks, I don't have to wire it. The Solar trickle charger comes with a nice ODB2 port so I just need to plug it in and charge away.

I couldn't find anything in the manual telling me if if the ODB2 port is always on.