I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

New doors, power windows not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pbft is an unknown quantity at this point
New doors, power windows not working

After a close encounter with a tree, my 2009 Civic EX has a pair of new doors from a 2006 Civic on the passenger side. Locks work, mirror works, but the power windows don't work on either of the new doors. Both power windows on the driver's side work just fine. There was no damage to the wiring harnesses and the fuse is fine (#30 for passenger side, I believe).

Is there any change from 2006 to 2009 that might explain this? Any other ideas besides the possibility that the power window motors in both doors are shot?
Old 02-02-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New doors, power windows not working

2009 Civic EX has a pair of new doors from a 2006 Civic
Both cars are EX? Both cars built in USA?

the possibility that the power window motors in both doors are shot?
Look into this first.
Key on, engine off, drivers door open so the dome light stays on: push the window switch down for each of the bad windows....does the dome light dim ever so slightly?

If the light dims slightly, that means the window motor is a working load causing a slight voltage drop.....
Good possibility the motors may be stuck from sitting unused for a long time.
Old 02-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pbft is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New doors, power windows not working

Thanks. No light dimming, BUT one door started working. I unplugged and re-plugged the harness and the other one started working.

The problem appears to have been poor connections on the harnesses in the two 'new' doors. Maybe a little extra moisture in the junkyard. All good now.