I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Help with Factory Amp/ Stereo

Old 12-19-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
electronictofu is an unknown quantity at this point
Help with Factory Amp/ Stereo

Hi all,

I am hoping to get a little help or some tips to resolve an issue I am having. I have a 2006 Civic EX. Either the factory amp or the factory stereo has partially gone out. For a few weeks it was cutting specific channels, mostly all the right speakers, then it would come back. Eventually everything went out except the front left speaker, and I think the factory sub might be working. It's been this way for a few months now. I checked all the quick easy access stuff like fuses.

Bad amp, special relay somewhere? Stereo is shot?
I vaguely know how to get to the amp under the center console, and know how to get into the stereo, the less I have to take apart the better, any help would be appreciated. It's all stock factory stuff here....
Old 12-19-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help with Factory Amp/ Stereo

Fader/Balance all set to center?

I think I might leave the radio playing and smack the amp a few times and see if any of the speakers come back to life.

Maybe ohm check speakers just to make sure it's not a speaker issue.
Old 12-20-2016
Registered!!

electronictofu is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah it's definitely not fader and balance or anything in settings. If speakers were blown it'd still be making some crusty noise. I am fairly sure it's either the stock deck or the stock amp. Just hoping to figure out which so I don't gotta take apart both. My guess is the amp... which I think is under the center console.
Old 07-19-2017
Registered!!

Freddicat is an unknown quantity at this point

I have similar issue with 2007 Civic EX Sedan. Left channels work, right do not except for very faint sound from dash speaker, none from door or rear deck.
All fuses checked, Engine 23, 17 (which did not have a fuse and diagram for fuse cover doesn't show a fuse). Even added correct 15A fuse to 17 to no effect, Dash 35 and 5.
If I had to guess it is either radio or amp or loose wire. I am kind of a big guy so getting around under a dash for long periods is a problem. Would like to have a as specific an idea of problem before I start taking things apart.
Any suggestions or insight are very welcome.
Thanks!

Search this Thread