I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

07 civic si Stock Radio cuts off and on when using the defrost or A/C

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
csclark0530 is an unknown quantity at this point
07 civic si Stock Radio cuts off and on when using the defrost or A/C

07 civic si Stock Radio cuts off and on when using the defrost or A/C. But once the radio comes back on it's like nothing happened. Memory is still stored, and the station and volume return to what they were.
Old 02-05-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about
Re: 07 civic si Stock Radio cuts off and on when using the defrost or A/C

You might try removing and replacing the involved fuses. Make sure your battery cables connectors are tight and clean. The defrost and AC uses the same blower motor, so that fuse, circuit is suspect. Are they any other electrical issues that might indicate you have a tired out alternator? Just some thoughts, better with the mechanical than the electrical. Send a private message to Ezone he is a highly knowledgeable long time Honda Mechanic.
Old 02-05-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 07 civic si Stock Radio cuts off and on when using the defrost or A/C

I dunno..

Assuming system voltage is not low while running.....

I might pull the radio and monitor power sources and the grounds, watching for wild fluctuation or dropouts as the AC or defrost are used.
Once you know why the radio is cutting out, you can trace out the source of that problem.

I assume you mean front defrost, not rear?