I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

how to connect central locking to alarm civic 1999

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civic1316 is an unknown quantity at this point
how to connect central locking to alarm civic 1999

Good day guys so desperate working on my alarm now for two days need help badly.
First need to know if the central locking for civic is negative trigger or a positive trigger?
Second where is the unlock and lock trigger? I have google it and and they all say grn/orgn and green/white but cant really find it. I have attach photos any help will be much appreciated
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150528_095942.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	87765   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150528_095949.jpg
Views:	3059
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	87766  
Old 05-28-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: how to connect central locking to alarm civic 1999

Should be negative trigger but I would verify with a meter.

Using this site:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...ailm/1053.html

It shows the same colors as what you mentioned. Again I would verify with a volt meter.

Do you have a volt meter? If not get a cheapo one from Harbor Freight to test the wires. I would oy trust a factory wiring diagram and even then I would probably still test it.
Old 05-28-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Negative trigger.

You're in NSW? We are in the US, but I think this wiring is probably the same:

Drivers door, tap the green/orange and green/white wires at the power lock switch instead of the control unit.

HTH
Old 05-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civic1316 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
Should be negative trigger but I would verify with a meter.

Using this site:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...ailm/1053.html

It shows the same colors as what you mentioned. Again I would verify with a volt meter.

Do you have a volt meter? If not get a cheapo one from Harbor Freight to test the wires. I would oy trust a factory wiring diagram and even then I would probably still test it.
Hi i do have a volt meter.. yeah followed that voltmeter website but there is no such thing on my civic i have attatch photos on the central locking module the wires are all different.. also tried testing it with volt meter still couldn't find the right one.. i read on one thread that its really hard to connect a factory central locking to an afternarket alarm,they reckon i should also change the whole central locking kit with an aftermarket..Need help badly! Thanks for the reply guys
Old 05-29-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by civic1316
I read on one thread that its really hard to connect a factory central locking to an afternarket alarm,they reckon i should also change the whole central locking kit with an aftermarket
I would disagree with that. I installed one on my car into the factory locks. It's more difficult to replace the whole central locking system.

Originally Posted by ezone
Drivers door, tap the green/orange and green/white wires at the power lock switch instead of the control unit.
Did you do what ezone said? Regardless of the color of the wires if you go directly to the swich you will be able to activate the locks.
Old 05-29-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GolNat
if you go directly to the swich you will be able to activate the locks.
Yeah....Unless the whole reason for using aftermarket alarm is because the original system quit working......Usually due to broken wires in the door jamb.