I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

ANC mic locations

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fireman1915 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question ANC mic locations

I have a 2014 civic coupe LX and i had a sub installed today. The ANC is causing a back feed issue and i need to disable the ANC or unhook the mics i know that there is one mic by the lights up front but after disconnecting that mic it still has the back feed issue. I need to know the location of the 2nd mic or where the ANC module is so i can unhook it ???????
Old 02-20-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ANC mic locations

The microphone between the front map lights is for the handsfree link.

I've been looking in service info and can't find anything about ANC or Active Noise Cancellation for 2014 Civic.
Got any other info?
Is there a small sub in the center of the rear speaker shelf?
Old 02-23-2015
Registered!!

no i do not have a sup in the rear deck. I have searched all over the web and even talked to a Honda service tech and they were no help. I will be going back to the audio shop tomorrow so maybe after that i will have some more information on it.
Old 02-23-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

As far as I heard only the accords have ANC.

My 2014 has no issues with my sub(well, other than that the alternator can only get 30% of the power that my sub wants)

You have some kind of issue, I'd start with the easier things and check your connections.

Did the shop tap into the rear speaker wires, or did they charge you an arm and a leg to wire into the dash?
Rear wires are super easy.
(hooking up my amp, excluding running the power cable, only took me about 10 minutes)

I'd be pretty angry at the shop if it were me, car audio isn't super difficult...the fact that you are paying them for an easy job means they should take extra care not to screw it up.
Old 02-23-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Sub hacked in by clueless rookies, now they blame the car because there can't possibly be any issue with their work?
Old 02-24-2015
Registered!!

I believe they tapped into the rear speaker. Im not happy for sure but this is the 1st 2014 civic they have done. They are working on it now to try and solve the issue.
Old 02-24-2015
Registered!!

jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

It's so simple, I don't understand lol.

Again, unless they wired into the dash(or picked a terrible spot to ground the amp) it should be a VERY easy process to figure out what's wrong.

What subwoofer and what amp are we talking? Cheap stuff can have a little buzz in it, especially if it's been getting thrown around in the back of a shop for a few weeks, months(years?)

How many watts are the sub & amp? (RMS, NOT MAX, max doesn't mean much...)
Old 02-27-2015
Registered!!

well they fixed the issue they used some kind of bypass for the rca wires for the amp and have not have a issue with it since.
Old 02-27-2015
Registered!!

Lol, sounds like a cop out to me!

They probably run the power wire right next to the RCA cables, and used cheapo RCA cables without shielding so the power wire was interfering with the signal.

Regardless though, if the issue is fixed that's all that matters.

But I will say the RCA cables were completely not needed if you are only adding the sub amp, just extra work and extra charge.

(Of course, they will be fantastic if you add another amp down the road and replace the stock speakers)
Old 03-02-2015
Registered!!

yea i know enough to be dangerous when it comes to radio stuff lol. give me some emergency lights and i got you tho haha