I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

New ignition

Old 01-04-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dominion22 is an unknown quantity at this point
New ignition

Just installed a new OEM ignition in my 2009 civic and it won't start and the green key symbol is blinking. When I checked in owners manual it is the " Immobilizer System Indicator" and manual says that if it blinks it is not recognizing the coded key. Came with 2 keys and a grey key, is there a process that I need to do to get it to recognize the key that came with it? Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-04-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New ignition

Why did you replace it? Was it worn out or something?

The new parts (keys and immobilizer control unit) must be registered to the car before the engine can start.

Tow it to the dealership.

Or check around for a well equipped locksmith that has invested in the equipment necessary to program keys on Honda and Acura.

Maybe look for a Honda specialty shop?

Or just tow it to the dealership and get it over with.

HTH
Old 01-04-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dominion22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lock was frozen, key would going in/out fine but would not turn. Had same problem with BOTH door locks.
Old 01-04-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Dealer should be able to replace the tumblers in the locks if necessary.

Around my town, no locksmiths have the tumblers for Hondas sidewinder locks. Dealer is the only place that can do them.
I personally love fixing the ignition lock tumblers LOL

If the door locks have not been used much they might be corroded, try some penetrating oil? Rust buster?