I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Honda Civic Tourer EX Plus SATNAV

Old 10-08-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaBeware is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda Civic Tourer EX Plus SATNAV

The SATNAV fitted to my 2014 Civic Tourer is erratic, misleading (and potentially dangerous). Mr Philip Crossman Honda UK (MD) has confirmed this is a designed ‘normal characteristic’. The SATNAV in my vehicle is an Alpine SATNAV badged as Honda. Dealerships have no equipment with which to check the system. Honda UK have insufficient in-depth knowledge of the SATNAV and have devolved all diagnostic, remedial authority to Alpine. It’s not engineered as a functional and reliable driving aid, it’s more as an ‘entertainment device’ and is significantly inferior to other devices freely available at a fraction of the cost. Honda UK withdrew all offers to remedy when Alpine declined to give assistance and now unwilling to accept responsibility for the provision of goods that are not-fit-for-purpose. Honda UK Technical Support has no visibility or knowledge of the Honda interface or functionality of 2015 Civic Android based SATNAV currently presented to the Motoring Press! My advise: steer clear, I now use TomTom.
Old 10-08-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Honda Civic Tourer EX Plus SATNAV

Please explain here what exactly happened with your in car navigation system that caused your need to cross post to multiple forums.
Old 10-08-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

Alpine is a mid to high tier brand of I.C.E. I really feel like there is more to this story.
Old 10-08-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jordan1794
Alpine is a mid to high tier brand of I.C.E. I really feel like there is more to this story.
I think OP may be upset about the system not linking with his Android product. (Get used to it LOL)

Googled the first few lines of his post:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics/135386-honda-civic-tourer-2014-satnav.html

http://www.hondacivicforum.co.uk/14-interior-car-entertainment/54865-sub-standard-honda-satnav.html
Old 10-13-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

Obviously doesn't understand I.C.E. at all...
In the second link he references, almost accusingly, that the sat nav is not honda at all, but alpine badged as honda.

I can't think of any car company that would purchase the facilities needed to produce the components of a sound system, they always contract that out.

Just replaced the speakers in my friends 2001 civic and it had "Pioneer-made in mexico" stamped on the back.

One person suggested a way of re-calibrating the system, which honestly sounds like a very likely solution to his problem.

I also agree with the posts which make the obvious suggestion that a GPS is there to assist you, not to replace your own eyes.

Maybe he should just get a personal driver, someone who follows a gps so blindly as to almost drive into oncoming traffic probably should not drive at all.