I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

battery wont stay charged light is on

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
antney4 is an unknown quantity at this point
battery wont stay charged light is on

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! My battery light would come on when it rained a lot but it would always go out and never had any issue. Two weeks ago after raining a lot the day before I was driving to work ( battery light still on from day before) lights started to dim alittle then radio shut off, then all gauges stopped work. So I pulled over and had my wife come and I was gonna get a new battery but then I thought it could be the alt. So I had her jump me so I could make it to the auto part store. After the jump battery light went off. Went to store and tested alt. And it was good . My negative terminal was a little lose so I chalked it up as that and went on. Now the other morning I came out and battery light was on I didn't want to drive the car and breakdown so I went and got a new battery after work and put it in ( fully charged) . Battery light still on and after running for a little while with fully charged battery the battery is low again. I have know idea where to start anyone have any suggestions thank in advance
Old 04-02-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nasir600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: battery wont stay charged light is on

Hi Antney4,
Alternator is on it's way out. I had a similar issue with a different model car, and rectifier in the alternator had issues. On my vehicle charging light won't come on. But when load meter was plugged in, it turned out alternator was charging 10.56 volts. Hence battery charge would drop over time.
Just to be sure get it checked when the charging light is on. Get it fixed before it becomes a big bill. Honda's are sensitive with electrics, jump starting can cost you an ecu buddy.

Thanks