I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2012 Civic LX after market double din

Old 08-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
feedthelungs is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking 2012 Civic LX after market double din

so i just bought myself a 2012 honda civic LX yesterday, i did not get the navigation/touch screen head unit radio feauture. now im thinking about wirin up an after market double din screen on it myself, just have a few questions

IS THERE A WAY I COULD STILL KEEP MY VOLUME CONTROLS ON THE STEERING WHEEL?

ALSO IS MY AUDIO/DISPLAY SCREEN AT THE TOP OF THE DASH STILL GOING TO FULLY FUNCTION?

thanks

email me if youd like
josesotelo09@gmail.com
Old 10-06-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mottoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2012 Civic LX after market double din

I have an 2012 also & am looking to do the same thing. From what I read from the big aftermarket radio/navi folks, they have a interface unit that allows the control of the unit using the stock wheel controls. As far as the IMID display, you will lose the radio info on it. This is a non issue for me as they display is limited anyway. Do you have the premium sound system? I believe there might be a issue using the external amps that come with that system. <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->