I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Subwoofer in a 2008 Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slipstream is an unknown quantity at this point
Subwoofer in a 2008 Hybrid

Hey there everyone, so I'm brand new to these forums, and naturally I come bearing questions!

My girlfriend recently purchased a 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid, and I happen to still have a single Memphis 12" subwoofer boxed and ready to go that I'd really like to install. For a little background info, I have installed systems before but I used tutorials and it was never on a Hybrid. I was / am a fairly competent mechanic, I went to Universal Technical Institute back in 2006 and shortly after graduation realized that jobs in the industry are not so easy to come by, so I joined the military where I became a Construction Mechanic in the Navy, so I do have a pretty good amount of experience.

That being said I was curious what (if anything) would be different when attempting to do an install on a Hybrid. I've noticed it has a pretty interesting setup in the trunk, and the last thing I want to do is fry something. If anyone has knowledge of a pre-existing tutorial for this car or knows of somewhere I can find some in-depth information about whats involved in installing the system I would really appreciate it.

Money is a little tight so I was hoping not to have to take it to a shop, because I'm confident that if its not too difficult I can do it myself.