I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Aftermarket head unit warranty void?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Aftermarket head unit warranty void?

Well, since I recently just got a new civic, time to replace the junk head unit. But, I have a 4 year bumper-to-bumper watery on it. Would replacing the stock head unit void the whole warranty completely?
Old 05-26-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aftermarket head unit warranty void?

Ummmm......What exactly do you plan on stuffing into the seriously odd shaped hole in the dash?

No, it shouldn't void the warranty, but you had better read your warranty to be sure. Some contracts have wording that might cause it, but I sure wouldn't expect it from a stereo install.

Any damages caused by your work would not be covered, but someone would have to prove you caused it one way or the other.

You might contact this guy that has this tagline on every one of his posts: Contact me if you have any questions about car/home audio installation.

LOL, HTH

Last edited by ezone; 05-26-2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Smartass comment.
Old 05-26-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Ummmm......What exactly do you plan on stuffing into the seriously odd shaped hole in the dash?

No, it shouldn't void the warranty, but you had better read your warranty to be sure. Some contracts have wording that might cause it, but I sure wouldn't expect it from a stereo install.

Any damages caused by your work would not be covered, but someone would have to prove you caused it one way or the other.

You might contact this guy that has this tagline on every one of his posts: Contact me if you have any questions about car/home audio installation.

LOL, HTH
Hey genius, it's called a dash kit. They make these pieces of plastic that fit the model of your car so that you can install an aftermarket head unit. And my question didn't mock my sig, it was a question about voiding a warranty and nothing else. Good try though, slick.
Old 05-26-2012

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2009civic
Hey genius, it's called a dash kit. They make these pieces of plastic that fit the model of your car so that you can install an aftermarket head unit.
I know what they are, I just haven't seen ANY in these cars at all yet (that customers bring in). Since I hadn't seen any yet, I didn't know that anyone made kits for these, and I deal with stock cars 99% of the time... That's all.

Your tagline was too easy. See the EDIT note at the bottom?

All warranties can be very different, so it pays to read yours..... The person calling in a claim on your car has all the power at that time.

I have seen a warranty voided because a speedometer got replaced when the car was new, with 2 miles, before the owner ever got the car.
I saw a warranty contract that was written to be expired before the car was ever built. No lie.

Read your own contract.
Old 05-26-2012
Registered!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CIVIC-CAR-ST...172929&vxp=mtr

One I'm going to be getting.
Old 05-26-2012

Cool, thanks.