I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

WTF Wiper blades?

Old 09-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9524tee is an unknown quantity at this point
WTF Wiper blades?

So yeah... A little stumped here with my wiper blades. I have a 2008 LX 4 door. I went to put on new wiper arms with blades and realized that they look different and the style of rubber does not swap on there either.

What exactly do I get and from where?

Anyone have part numbers or anything else that could direct me into the right direction?
Old 09-14-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: WTF Wiper blades?

?!?
as a starter, What did you buy? Did you ask for wipers for your car or another? where did you buy? If dealer, should be pretty much the same if you asked for the right car.
Are you having trouble to fit them? Can you not install them? Not all wiper blades are the same, you know... they could be different is standard fit aftermarket...
And if they can be installed there and they are the right length, what are you asking for again?
Confused... Not really trying to be harsh, but having a hard time understanding what is your question...

Last edited by sdaidoji; 09-14-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

#37 and #39 in the link.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...NDSHIELD+WIPER
Old 10-10-2010
Registered!!

9524tee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you 02civicsi02

Much appreciated.
Old 10-10-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

#38 & #40 are the replacement rubber inserts.
Old 10-10-2010
Registered!!

MoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura aboutMoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura aboutMoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura about

Yea, you can just call your dealership for problems like these
Old 10-18-2010
Registered!!

jeff618 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: WTF Wiper blades?

If you want to replace the whole wiper blade (frame and rubber refill insert) as opposed to changing just the refill insert, take a look at Trico NeoForm Beam Blades. They work awesome and fit on most years/models of Civics. Right now they have rebates running and you can get them for about $15-$19 a pair depending on size after rebates. I like changing the whole wiper blade rather than just the rubber refills because I live in the ice/snow belt and my wipers go through a lot of abuse. I figure better safe than sorry. I don't go to the dealer though - too much $$$$.
Old 10-18-2010
Registered!!

Jin901 is an unknown quantity at this point

well..u an always askkk for the number part, they will search it up for u..they should,,its there job
Old 10-19-2010

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I'm going to give the factory 8th gen blades a try this winter, most likely will get a new set of refills before then.

I always hated how my 7th gens original blades would freeze and not work well & also I did not like the fair weather operation of my winter blades so I went back & forth a lot.
Old 10-19-2010
Registered!!

kbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by CraigW
I'm going to give the factory 8th gen blades a try this winter, most likely will get a new set of refills before then.

I always hated how my 7th gens original blades would freeze and not work well & also I did not like the fair weather operation of my winter blades so I went back & forth a lot.
CraigW,

Do you think it will fit our 7th gen? I am not quite sure about the clearance when those blades move. The driver sides is 26" while the passenger is 23". The ours is just 21" and 19". By the way, I just bought the Goodyear's wiper blade from the Costco. I think it's about $8 a piece so it's not that bad for the price.

However, with the blade style. I noticed that top of the blade couldn't completely touch the windshield at the normal position (passenger side) compared to the normal wiper.

If the 8th fit the 7th gen, I will be very happy.
Old 10-19-2010

^^^ No, the 8th gen blades are huge.

You could try one of the aftermarket 1 piece blades maybe ??
Old 10-20-2010
Registered!!

kbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura about

I haven't realized that you drive the 8th gen. I am using the Goodyear blade that I bought from Costco. So far so good.

I have tried Bosch, Anco and this Goodyear is my third set. Anco served me well. Bosch was the worst and the most expensive but I suspected that Autozone kept it for so long that the rubber might go bad already. I haven't used Bosch since.
Old 10-22-2010
Registered!!

Arrow Re: WTF Wiper blades?

Yeah, you can go with aftermarket replacements which are smaller and much lighter...MUCH lighter. The blades look special because they are, but the attachments are relatively standard.
Old 10-30-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 9524tee
So yeah... A little stumped here with my wiper blades. I have a 2008 LX 4 door. I went to put on new wiper arms with blades and realized that they look different and the style of rubber does not swap on there either.

Anyone have part numbers or anything else that could direct me into the right direction?
I recommend that you keep the OEM frame and buy the refill blades from the dealer like CraigW suggested because the quality of the rubber insert is very good. I just changed my wife's CR-V. Just slide the old one out, transfer 2 thin metals to the new one, slide back in. DONE!!

CraigW,

I searched each model's wipers have found that the length of wipers :

Accord 2010 Passenger Blade set (475mm)
Odyssey 2010 Passenger Blade set (550mm)

7th gen has 525mm (driver side) and 475 (passenger)

I am thinkin...
Old 10-30-2010
Registered!!

Arrow Re: WTF Wiper blades?

Originally Posted by 9524tee

Yes, you have a choice to make like craig above suggests. Either you get rubber refill inserts for the OE clunkers or you can go aftermarket. I can tell you that even though the aftermarkets look smaller and different, they work as well if not better than the OE's. Luckily Honda used a common arm attachment and common lengths so aftermarket is available and snap right on. There's several choices - here are 4 of many.