I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

battery/electrical/alternator issue?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vinicello is an unknown quantity at this point
battery/electrical/alternator issue?

Hi all, I just found this forum and think it's pretty awesome this is here.

Unfortunately, I found it due to car problems, but what matters is I found this site. Hoping you could help out.

I have a 2006 Civic DX

I was unable to start my car the other day...got a boost and all seemed ok. I stopped for a coffee and again it would not start. I was able to get a boost again and managed to drive it home (150 kms). I had to turn off the ac as it seemed to be causing some issues (red light came on periodically) and my radio was not working either (asking for code). I have not been able to get to my car until today and still it wouldn't turn over. I removed the leads on the battery and cleaned the posts...still nothing.

I now started noticing a green key light come on and figured it was due to the radio code. I thought this may have caused the car to keep me from starting it. I entered the code, crossed my fingers and turned it over....nothing. all lights are coming on but the car won't turn over.

I tried a couple of times and it started asking for the code again.

Unsure what might be the problem. it will start with a boost but not otherwise...battery tests as ok.

Any ideas? suggestions- before I take it in?

your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: battery/electrical/alternator issue?

Take it to autozone and have them check the alternator.
Old 08-20-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

green key flashing means the immobilizer security system is not recognizing your ignition key code. make sure the battery connections are not loose. you should not be able to twist them with your hand.
Old 08-22-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like alternator not charging.