I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Kicker question

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airforcewife is an unknown quantity at this point
Kicker question

Ok, please don't laugh at my question. I know absolutely nothing about cars but my husband has a 2008 Civic Si, and for his birthday I wanted to surprise him with some new Kicker speakers (because he keeps talking about them and how much he likes them).

So my question would be, what is the best "model"? that I could get and what would your personal recommendations be? I can't ask his friends or they would spill the surprise...thank you. And please be as specific as you can be when describing them, because it all looks foreign to me.
Old 08-05-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grendel has a spectacular aura aboutgrendel has a spectacular aura about
Re: Kicker question

welcome to civicforums!
Sure wish my wife would do something like this for me! lol

I had a box with dual Kicker 12"s ... WOW, would it pound! Kickers are definitely a good low-end speaker setup. As far as which ones to get him, that depends on a lot of factors, so getting an answer online will be difficult.

Honestly, what I would do is go to a retailer in your area that carries them and has a rep for knowing what they're talking about (MIGHT be Best Buy or whatever). Describe to them what you're looking for, and they can help you choose which model speaker(s), which enclosure(s) (and which size/shape), proper ohm-age and amplification, etc.

Good luck!
Old 08-23-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kicker question

i've had kicker before and loved them. great performance for the money. are you looking to get door speakers? or a sub woofer and amplifier?