I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2007 civic cpe cruise not working..help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eneetr is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 civic cpe cruise not working..help please!!!

Hey guys,
I have a pretty much stock civic coupe lx. I did some here and there mods like rims, headlights, tints, taillights, vent visors etc... but nothing performance wise yet. I have 56,xxx miles on it. its a 2007 civic lx coupe.

The problem is that my cruise button is not working. The light (in the spedometer) comes on when I push & hold the button. Usually it is suppposed to click when I push the button down. But it doesn't wanna seem to push or stay down. So if I want to use the cruise, I have to hold the main cruise button down and then set the cruise and then continue to hold the cruise button. If I let go, then cruise stops and the light shuts off. I took it to local workshops and they said that Honda Dealer will have to order special part for cruise. I don't want to spend an arm and leg for small thing like this. I was hoping it maybe a "do-it-urself" or "quick-fix".

If anyone have/had similar problem/experience please share with me. I want to get it fixed because I travel on highway around 100 miles/day.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2007 civic cpe cruise not working..help please!!!

I think this is common on the 8th gens.

I think you just need the switch assembly replaced, and it will need to come from Honda.

Have you been to the 8thgenCivic site ??
Old 07-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eneetr is an unknown quantity at this point

I never been there until today; found a lot of usefull information but I was unable to find anything that was related to my cruise button/switch problem. Did you see any articles that you seen there that may be relevant to my problem?
Old 07-06-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

This will give you an idea about what would be involved to replace the switch.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/i-c-e...ml#post3999977

You could log the issue with AH customer service, they may or may not cover it for you.

Try the switch several times and see if you can get it to latch on during any of the attempts... if it does, then leave it on permanent.