I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Double Din, Touch Screen DVD player - CHECK IT OUT

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
Double Din, Touch Screen DVD player - CHECK IT OUT

thanks!

Last edited by manthatguysfast; 10-26-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-22-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double Din, Touch Screen DVD player - CHECK IT OUT

yeah actually i was just about to mention the alpine. both for screen and lower dash hu.
Old 10-22-2009

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light

Last edited by manthatguysfast; 10-26-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-22-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well i dont know much about touchscreen for the top, but for bottom if you must have something new 08+ i recommend cda-9887 with biolite display and for touchscreen the w505. and basically you can use the touchscreen to control the lower deck i think.
Old 10-22-2009

Thanks sooooooooooo much for the help

Last edited by manthatguysfast; 10-26-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-22-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I run the IVA-W203 which is one step down from the IVA-W505. It's a fantastic head unit/dvd player/GPS(for an extra cost)/Bluetooth(if you get the GPS addon/prettywelleverythingyouwantittodo. You can hook your iPod up to it as well... Fantastic head unit if you can afford it, tonnes of money though. I got mine from an auction at half price, it's the only reason I bought it!!!

I definitely recommend.

Good luck on your search!!!

P.S. Future shop sells these nowadays so they are easy to come by.

Name:  DSCF4316.jpg
Views: 2527
Size:  110.6 KB

EDIT: The 505 is an all in head unit, it does everything you need it to do. An equilizer past the 505 is just for looks and maybe a touch of extra control!

Last edited by BlueEM2; 10-22-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-22-2009
Premium Member

yeah the touchscreens do everything. the deck below will mostly be for looks or a second source like for mp3 cds or ipod. but really all you need is the screen. an eq on the bottom is a waste, you wont use it at all. for sub stick with 10 inch, JL and infinity make great subs. alpine amps are like tanks, i would go with one of those to power it.
Old 10-23-2009
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm getting a Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD put in on monday. i already have the XM tuner, and iPod cable for pioneer, otherwise i might have switched to Alpine.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P3...6298280&sr=8-1
Old 10-24-2009
Registered!!

instalher is an unknown quantity at this point

screw that crap kit and make one yourself its what sets the boys apart from the men... check it out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3045.jpg
Views:	845
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	77473  
Old 10-24-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by instalher
screw that crap kit and make one yourself its what sets the boys apart from the men... check it out.
That's really nice. But the Alpine unit needs so much clearance at the bottom to open for CD access that your setup would never work... I actually had to shave the bottom of the trim piece to get the deck to open. Otherwise, yours is nice. I also did not want to have mine so recessed.
Old 02-15-2012
Registered!!

Heiserb is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it a 7'' In dash?