I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Headlight Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
liprod is an unknown quantity at this point
Headlight Upgrade

Hey everyone - I'm new to all this so hopefully this is the right place to post...

I just got a (virtually new) Black 2008 Honda Civic EX and want to upgrade the headlights to something a little brighter and whiter/bluer. (hate the yellow stock bulbs!)

I'm on a pretty tight budget - HIDs or replacing the whole headlight assembly isn't really an option for me right now, so I've narrowed plain old bulb replacements down to a few and would like your opinion:

1) StreetGlow Xenon White 55w
http://www.streetglow.com/DH9006-DOT...&category=6319

2) Maybe the Philips Xtreme Power bulbs (only since I noticed this post in the forums: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-h4-bulbs.html)

Right now I'm leaning toward the StreetGlows; Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 09-24-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Headlight Upgrade

philips xp is the best option hands down. best bulb on the market both in terms of whiteness and brightness. i think your car takes 9006 which philips makes in xp version. search aidauto.com i think they carry it.
Old 09-24-2009
Registered!!

liprod is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick reply - the Philips XP look light great lights; do they have any blue tint to the light? Pure white? Whiteish/Yellowish still? To be honest I'm changing bulbs more for looks than vision (although obviously being able to see more is always better!)

Last edited by liprod; 09-24-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-24-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

philips xp is pure white, no yellow at all like the stock bulbs, and no ricey blue tint either. and the light output is the best you can get from a legal 55w bulb. ive tried a ton of different bulbs and the philips xp beats them all. they are a clear bulb with a thin blue ring at the top. so it will not look weird in the housing during the day (no blue reflections).

stock H4

philips XP H4

Name:  XP-8.jpg
Views: 1923
Size:  16.6 KB
Old 09-25-2009
Registered!!

Lstarz14 is an unknown quantity at this point

very bright......... might go get a set..... my silverstars are starting to suck
Old 09-25-2009
Premium Member

yeah that happens with silverstar lol. coated bulbs = suck. i used to have the cool blue bulbs and couldnt see anything at night.
Old 09-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

I thought those silverstar ultras were the best. Guess not, I may pick up a set of these next time a bulb goes out. Whats the difference between these and the Boosted Catz Rev?

Last edited by 04 Honda Civic; 09-25-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-25-2009
Premium Member

um not even close lol. sylvania silverstar is garbage. the catz rev whites are a double coated bulb with light blue coating. they are not as bright as the XP, but it has a cool double color effect with white ground light and yellow cutoff tint light.

Name:  catzrevwhite3.jpg
Views: 1779
Size:  65.6 KB

Name:  catzrevwhite4.jpg
Views: 1793
Size:  15.4 KB

Name:  catzrevwhite12.jpg
Views: 1819
Size:  36.9 KB

Last edited by gearbox; 09-25-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

thats pretty sick looking, thanks. Edit: Just realized the XP's arent for my car, that sucks

Last edited by 04 Honda Civic; 09-25-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-25-2009
Premium Member

04 honda civic 9006? they are, just search aidauto.com they have em.
Old 02-24-2010
Registered!!

eLChiCho25 is an unknown quantity at this point

I looked at aidauto but only found regular philips... I Was able to find XP for 9006/H4 on suvlights.com

Last edited by eLChiCho25; 02-24-2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: found answer
Old 02-25-2010
Premium Member

aidauto you have to search for 'philips xp' then click the link, and in the menu it shows 9003, 9006, and h7. but glad you found em. im thinking of picking up a pair for our 92 accord.