I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

I want subs...need help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondaagrrl222 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question I want subs...need help!

I have a 2008 Honda Civic and I wanna get Subs for it.... help!? haha I have no idea which brands or what size to get but I dont wanna have some salesman try and sell me something I dont need to spend the money on. In terms of good, better, and best, i'd probably want to do something on the better side.
Old 03-31-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I want subs...need help!

well decide what kind of music you listen to most. common sizes are 8, 10, and 12 inch. the bigger the sub, the boomier the sound. 12s are for rap with deep low tones, 10s are for other music like top40, trance, rock, etc. a single sub is fine for most people, but some get a pair for louder sound (the dual box is much heavier tho and can weigh down the trunk). in any case, you need the sub (or subs), a box, and an amp with the proper wire kit. you can hook it up to the factory stereo, but its a better idea to go with an aftermarket version that comes with rca preouts and a sub adjustment. factory radios do not have many features and adjustments, and the hookups are low quality signal. as for brands, most are pretty reliable like alpine, JL, infinity.

Last edited by gearbox; 03-31-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

mrplow123456 will become famous soon enoughmrplow123456 will become famous soon enough

You also have to decide, do you want that subtle sound or do you want it to feel like your car is falling apart? I have all Alpine components inside my car and used to have 2 12" JL W1. I would seriously recommend them if you want the best sound but they are pricey. Also find an amp that matches your sub(s). If you have any questions, you can ask me as sound systems are definitely a strong point for me.
Old 04-02-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

That's it, I'm doing a sub buying DIY. Wait for it....
Old 04-02-2009
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

single Kicker Comp 12" in a sealed box with a 150w RMS amp is more than enough for me for all types of music.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

KcRidin09 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dunno what you listen too. But I am putting a JL Audio 15"w3 with a Phoenix Gold V8001 Mono amp, the amp pushes about 800w RMS @ 2ohms, and the sub can take a lil more than tha RMS. So its like the others said, make sure you match what kind of subs you get with the proper amp for maximum efficency ( i think thats spelled worng). I hope my car doesnt fall apart.
Old 04-07-2009
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute

I recommend (price wise and quality) to get a singe 12" JL Audio 12W-0 (4 Ohms)..it only needs a little bit of juice and can dish out ALOT more wattage than what it says it can. I have one...its ****in awesome!
Old 04-15-2009
Registered!!

xKEVINx is an unknown quantity at this point

I've always been fond of 10" MTX audio.