I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Audio Control Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dfnail is an unknown quantity at this point
Audio Control Problem

I have the 06 Civic Hybrid and have a problem with the audio control. The Nav system works fine with proper display on the screen. However, the audio menu does not display even though the radio and CD player work. The scan button also does not function as well as the pre-set buttons at the bottom of the display. The power/volume control **** works fine. Also, the steering wheel control buttons function properly. The unit is out of warranty because of milage and American Honda has refused any goodwill. The dealer has said that all he can do is replace the unit at a cost of $1000. Hopefully someone can suggest how I can get this corrected without such a cost hit. (I am a new member and first time Honda owner)

Dan
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

mrplow123456 will become famous soon enoughmrplow123456 will become famous soon enough
Re: Audio Control Problem

I have no experience with the new civic headunits but if you had this car, from new, and it worked up til this point, that very well is your only option. If, however, it has never worked correctly for you, I would take a look over the instruction manual again. Maybe there is a setting you missed or a button that got pressed.
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

dfnail is an unknown quantity at this point

This was a serious problem that developed. I was peeved that Honda would not take care of it since it was less than 36 months. However, I was able to get an independent electronic shop to send it to Alpine, the manufacturer, and get it repaired. It cost me $300, but that is a lot better than Honda. It works fine now.
Old 04-02-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ive seen this problem a few times here already. seems to be a defect with some of the newer nav units. best bet is look for another one on ebay.