I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

09 sound system ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djcwray is an unknown quantity at this point
09 sound system ?

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to this whole sound system thing, anyways I bought a 09 civic sedan 2 days ago( lovin it).... Um I owned a 97 civic coupe before that, and had 2 aftermarket pioneer speakers in the doors and and 2 aftermarket panasonic cjda 6910 speakers in the rear. I also had a Audiofonic 800w amp with a 2 xplorer subs in the back.

I have been listening to the stock speakers that are in the 09 civic ( sounds fine as of right now) and I'm wondering if it would make sense just to add the amp and the subs and sell the other aftermarket speakers out of the 97 civic..... or would the pioneer and panasonic speakers sound much different from the stock speakers.

I am horrible with electronics so note that I will not be installing the speakers myself so i cant mess around and try different combinations.
If anyone in the south florida area wants to help out that would be appreciated thanks.
Old 11-30-2008
Registered!!

BJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 09 sound system ?

Lol personally I would leave the speakers in the 97, and add the amp/subs to the car.
Old 11-30-2008
Registered!!

Thanks for the quick reply
Old 12-01-2008
Registered!!

cb1111 is an unknown quantity at this point
It depends on what you are looking for....

Originally Posted by djcwray
Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to this whole sound system thing, anyways I bought a 09 civic sedan 2 days ago( lovin it).... Um I owned a 97 civic coupe before that, and had 2 aftermarket pioneer speakers in the doors and and 2 aftermarket panasonic cjda 6910 speakers in the rear. I also had a Audiofonic 800w amp with a 2 xplorer subs in the back.

I have been listening to the stock speakers that are in the 09 civic ( sounds fine as of right now) and I'm wondering if it would make sense just to add the amp and the subs and sell the other aftermarket speakers out of the 97 civic..... or would the pioneer and panasonic speakers sound much different from the stock speakers.

I am horrible with electronics so note that I will not be installing the speakers myself so i cant mess around and try different combinations.
If anyone in the south florida area wants to help out that would be appreciated thanks.
If it "sounds fine" why do you want to swap stuff out? Leave the stuff in your old car and see what you think is missing once you've had the car a while.

The stock audio is not bad and a bit of Dynamat will work wonders with damping vibrations and reducing road noise...
Old 12-02-2008
Registered!!

What I meant by fine was the four stock speakers sound fine but I still want to get the two subs into the mix. My question then was would the subs make the speakers sound distorted?