I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Adding Subs to 07 Civic, oppinions would help

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07exNavi is an unknown quantity at this point
Adding Subs to 07 Civic, oppinions would help

Ok, I have an 07 2 door civic with the factory navigation unit. That unit is staying in the car, I dont feel like paying 1000 dollars for somthing slightly better. I have an amp, Sony Xplod 780 watts, 2 channel. Its an old amp I know but it still works just fine.

That is what I all ready have. I need to buy the speakers, make a box or two, and get some inputs from the stock stereo. I want to stay around 100 for the two subs preferably 10's I need to retain some trunk space. The box I will be making myself, I was thinking a single fiberglass enclosure in each side of the rear of the trunk (the corners). The boxes will be custom fit into the corners of the trunk behind the rear tire, close to the trunk lid.

What two subs would you recomend? what are your oppinions on the boxes I plan to make? and where would you snag the input for the amp from? rear speakers or the factory 8 inch sub? I was thinking the rear speakers.

and dont tell me I should get a more powerfull mono channel amp, I dont have the money for one and that amp I have will get the job done quite well without the probability of blowing subs because of overload.
Old 06-29-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Adding Subs to 07 Civic, oppinions would help

Enough fiberglass materials will run you about $50. For a good, loud, cheap sub, get the Kicker CVR's. The black ones. Crutchfield has them on sale buy one get one free at $90 for a 10 or $100 for a 12. Buy it, then buyy your wires to push it over $129 and youll get free shipping. Also, a rear speaker line in converter would work just fine. And maybe your amp has inputs for speaker levels?
Old 06-29-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

But remember that is not a sound quality sub.....
Old 06-30-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07exNavi is an unknown quantity at this point

It does have high level inputs, I might just use that. I was thinking of these alpine ones: http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...SWE1042&tp=111

or these Kenwoods: http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...13W2511&tp=111

Those kickers look like a pretty good deal too. I am also going to see what car stereo one has back home (im from toledo) next week before I decide. Fifty dollars for the box materials sounds cheaper than I expected. I have someone experienced helping me so no worries about craftmanship. I am also worried about where to mount the amp, I am thinking trunk lid, but that might not be to stable. I think that would vibrate a ton. Where else other than the seat back would be a good spot?

I have about three hundred to spen on the project total, but id like to get off as cheap as possible while still getting good quality stuff.

Thanks for all the input. I will get pictures when it starts to come together.