I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Installing Fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emerican is an unknown quantity at this point
Installing Fog lights

i just bought a pair of JDM fog lights for a 06-07 dx/lx/ex civic. It didn't come with instructions, but i found some online. I got everything done except the wiring part, because it says insert the blue, and the red/white terminals from the switch harness into the 34-pin connector. the problem is that there is no blue terminal with my kit. the instructions are for a 2006 civic, so honda might have changed it with the 07's, but i'm not sure. any of you guys know what i should do? is there not a blue wire for the 07's? any help would be good, and i can give more information if needed.

thanks
Old 01-12-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: Installing Fog lights

Scroll down to the fog lights, and click on what year/trim you have. These are the OEM instructions and are pretty much the same deal if you are trying to install aftermarket foglights.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civext06.html
Old 01-12-2008
Registered!!

Emerican is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah thats the thing around step 38-40 it says connect the red/white and the blue terminals from the switch harness. i dont have the blue terminal. is there a way it will work w/o it? or do i need it and complain to the store i bought them from?
Old 02-03-2008
Registered!!

carter is an unknown quantity at this point

isnt there a way too hook up the switch to your fuse box and find a set of running wires to maybe just connect them to your head lights? and they turn on at the same time if your Fog Lights are turned on by the switch? If you have an HID kit you probably wont want to install them off your same head light wiring correct?
Old 02-04-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

use a relay
Old 02-04-2008
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

the harness you purchased from Ebay is wrong if its missing the x2 wires to plug into the main junction under the dash.

Dont mickey mouse it and buy a proper Switch-harness, Realy and Switch from Honda for 100.00 then its PNP from there on.