I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Sirius Starmate 4 installation in 2008 civic LX

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ooteenie is an unknown quantity at this point
Sirius Starmate 4 installation in 2008 civic LX

I am getting a new 2008 civic LX this week. I am planning on installing a sirius Starmate 4 but have a few questions I have seen answered for older civics but not on the 2006 and ups.

1) Where should I mount the antenna? From what I gather I can route it from the trunk up through the window seal and put it on the roof, but is there an alternate place that is cleaner?

2) Should I just play it through the AUX port and forget about hooking it in through the dash to the radio?

3) What is the best power option, is using the cigarette lighter adapter the best option. I know this can be hard wired in, but is that even needed?

Any suggestions are welcome. I would like to avoid taking it to Best Buy or some other place because I really don't trust them not to destroy a brand new cars audio system. No disrespect to anyone who does that for a living, I am just a little nervous.
Old 12-12-2007
Registered!!

Re: Sirius Starmate 4 installation in 2008 civic LX

based on the lack of response I gather I will be one of the first to attempt this. I will let you know how it turns out and how I go about doing it. I pick up the car tomorrow, but where I am it seems to be snowing all the time so I am not sure when I will be able to get it in. I'll let you know and post pics if I can.
Old 12-12-2007
Registered!!

TIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond repute

1: Since you will not have a moonroof, you will have to do as stated. Run it threw the trunk and around the back glass.

2: I would use the Aux port.

3:I always hard wire my accs. It is not "Needed" but usually preferred. You can use the ignition wire for the radio or even the remote wire out of the radio. I do not know if the 08's have a remote out so you will have to check on that.

Goo luck, welcome to the site, and keep us updated.
Also, since you are a new member expect to get flamed somewhere some time. Don't let it get to you.
Old 12-13-2007
Registered!!

thanks for the tips. I am going to hardwire it in for sure.

As for the flaming, I cannot see why I would get flamed for asking simple questions that have not been asked before and answering posts that I know the answer to, which is not a lot.
Old 05-02-2008
Registered!!

Wpattie is an unknown quantity at this point

hey just a thought for your anntana placement if you live some where were people like to grab anything thats not fastened down, you can put it in the back windshield on the dash. Thats what I did with my 2007 civic cuz I was sick of people ripping it off the roof and now it looks cleaner not having it on the roof.