I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Pics of your satellite radio install?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rvaslacker is an unknown quantity at this point
Pics of your satellite radio install?

So I just got Sirius (Sportster 4) and I can't decide where/how to install it in my '03 LX. Any suggestions? It would be great to see some other setups before I start hiding wires everywhere.
Old 11-27-2007
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Pics of your satellite radio install?

One thought for ya.

http://www.bracketron.com/imageid/164_lg.jpg
Old 11-28-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmaspie
referencing that pic, i have my XM Roady XT mounted to the right of the defog button, below the pocket door, mounted in that blank area. i used the double sided foam tape that came with the unit. i followed the cleaning procedures that came with the unit and it's been on there for 3 years with no problems. tape is still holding just as strong as the day i put it on.
Old 11-28-2007
Registered!!

TIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is integrated into the headunit.
I have a Kenwood 891

I can take a pic of the radio.....
Old 11-28-2007
Registered!!

Thanks for the suggestions...

I'm probably going to go with some double sided tape like electric130 did. At some point I might swap out the stock HU for an aftermarket with integrated satellite, so a less permanent install seems like the way to go.

I looked at an installation bracket similar to the one christmaspie posted... Does anybody know if you have to make any cuts to put that there? I'm a little weary of slicing up the dash board in case I decide I don't want this thing after a few months.

Keep those pics comin!
Old 11-28-2007
Registered!!

TIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond repute

You will not have to cut the face of the dash or any of the trim for it to work. It is a good way to mount a temp sat unit.
Old 11-28-2007
Registered!!

awesome! thanks for the info man.

can't wait to get this thing off the vent...