I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Honda iPod Music Link

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JimMayor007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda iPod Music Link

I have had my Honda iPod Music Link for about 8 months now. It is available as an option on 2006 Hondas and also as a dealer installed accessory. My 2006 Ridgeline RTL did not come with this option. I debated about spending the significant amount of money to add this feature to my Ridgeline. The iPod Music Link retails from Honda for $214. It sells for quite a bit less on eBay. If you want Honda to install it, it takes about 3 hours and about $300, as the dash face, glove box and radio must be removed and there is cutting and drilling involved.

Though I installed a similar kit on my 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche in an hour, after looking at Honda's installation instructions, I decided to let the Honda dealership install it. The kit allows the iPod to sit in your glove box, charge and play your MP3's through the Honda factory radio using the radio and steering wheel controls. Once you put the iPod in the glove box, you need never touch it again. It's also a nice touch that it isn't visible to thieves when you leave your truck open and unlocked.

...read the full guide with pics here