I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Audio Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kup4036 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Audio Question

Hope someone can help here. Just getting ready to order/buy a 2007 civic si. my question is: what up with the audio aux jack? Can I hook my MP3 player to it (assume thru headphone jack on my mp3) to listen to my mp3 over the cars speakers? If so, then I dont understand why anyone would be $250 for that ipod jack in the glove box.

would appreciate anyones experiences here.
thank you
-Kup
Old 04-19-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Audio Question

if it's a standard headphone jack, then yes, you can hook it up. that's how i hook mine up in my car. you just have to adjust the volume on the ipod and the deck. with the ipod connector, you can control the ipod through the deck also. that's what the HONDA MUSIC LINK is. just throw the ipod in the glove box and control it through the deck.
Old 04-20-2007
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kup4036
Hope someone can help here. Just getting ready to order/buy a 2007 civic si. my question is: what up with the audio aux jack? Can I hook my MP3 player to it (assume thru headphone jack on my mp3) to listen to my mp3 over the cars speakers? If so, then I dont understand why anyone would be $250 for that ipod jack in the glove box.
It's $250 because it's from Honda and they can charge what they want for it. Plus people can add it in on to the price of their car when they finance it, and they can have a Honda tech guy install it for them before they buy the car.

If you don't get the Ipod cable at first and think you might want to get it later, they usually go for $200 retail not including install. But if you knew any better you'd shop around and get the best deal and DIY. This cable gives you full control of the ipod through the HU and charges it. The AUX will just play audio and you control it from the ipod.
Old 04-21-2007
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Taffy
It's $250 because it's from Honda and they can charge what they want for it.
Isn't that the truth...

Anyway, yeah you're better off just doing a DIY. It will save you $$$$$$$ and lots of it.

Actually for that much money, you could even get a medocre head unit and iPod interface.. A touch of both words I suppose.