I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Hooking Up LEDs

Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tenshi O. is an unknown quantity at this point
Hooking Up LEDs

I have a few subtle anti-ricer accouterments on my car (It's a 2006 Civic SI w/nav). One of them includes some small LEDs on the front license frame. I'm trying to figure out where to hook up the LEDs to power them. Ideally, I want them to turn off and on with the ignition. On top of that, I'd like to avoid going through the firewall and into my cabin electronics.

One of my thoughts is to hook them up to the wiring for my non-existent fog lights. I can then install a factory sized button in the now blank button panel to control the LEDs. Unfortunately, my googling has not turned up any information on whether or not the wiring is already in place for the fog lights, or what this would entail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any alternatives would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice
Re: Hooking Up LEDs

if ur fogligts are nonexistent then there is no wiring for them! theres no way around the firewall if u wana put a on/off switch in ur car unless ur gona wire it around the car and through ur window. just wire them to ur headlights
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tenshi O. is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hooking Up LEDs

Ideally, I want the LEDs to be on whenever the car is on. I could hook them to my low beams, but then they'd turn off when I turned on my main lights. I could hook them to my main lights, but then they wouldn't be on most of the time that I was driving.

As far as the fog lights go, there is a place on the dash where the foglight button goes and places sculpted out of the bumper where foglights can be installed. It would make sense that there are already hookups for the foglights in the wiring bundle, though I cannot verify that. I'll have to get through a lot of the plastic shielding underneath the car to see anything clearly.