I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Brake fuse and cruise control fuses?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stefanos is an unknown quantity at this point
Brake fuse and cruise control fuses?

2006 Civic coupe ex manual transmission.

Center brake light was not working. I tested the led strip and the light works. But the car is not supplying power to the brake light. Manual is not clear on which fuse to check. So I checked all the interior 7.5A fuses and put them back. The fuses looked good. Now my cruise control won’t set. The fist dashboard cruse control light turns on when I press the left cruis control button on the steering wheel. But it will not set the speed.

What are the fuses for the center brake light and also the cruise control? I will proceed to check the brake wires for a short with a multi meter. Additional help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2019
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Brake fuse and cruise control fuses?

If outer brake lights are working.....brake fuse is fine.

CC may not set due to inop brake light
Old 01-04-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Center brake light LED strip ---most people would replace it but if you''re handy it usually just needs resoldered to make it work consistently. I've done this countless times.

Cruise main light stays on when you push the main switch? (main switch is a common failure)
Cruise (set) light comes on when you push the set button?
Old 01-04-2019
Registered!!

Does anyone know which fuses control the cruise control and the brake light?

The cruise control was working at the same time the 3rd brake light was not functioning. The cruise control only stopped functioning after I removed and replaced all of the 7.5A fuses.
Old 01-04-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Fuse not in all the way?
Old 01-05-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The cruise control only stopped functioning after I removed and replaced all of the 7.5A fuses.
Holy cow maybe you reinstalled one of those in a wrong slot. It's easy to do and can be hard as heck to figure out a mistake like that sometimes.
Better check both of your fuse box charts to see that all the correct slots have the correct fuses installed

Center brake light is part of the same circuit as the other 2 brake lights. So as stated earlier, they all share the same fuse.
Cruise is not disabled by the center brake light inoperative.
Old 01-05-2019
Registered!!

Just noticed my horn also doesn’t work lol.
Old 01-06-2019
Registered!!

Fixed it. I located the #12 15A horn/brake fuse that was tripped in the engine bay. Replacing that single fuse fixed my horn, brake lights, and cruise control. Now I just need to replace the 3rd brake light which now doesn’t work. Testing it with a 9v battery worked a couple times but not anymore.

I must have tripped that fuse when I checked the center brake power supply wires with the multimeter.
Old 01-07-2019
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Check the solder joints before replacement..... easy fix if bad solder joints. And free.