Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

Thoughts on the Goodyear Eagle LS (or a similar priced tire)

Old 06-19-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dotdotdot is an unknown quantity at this point
Thoughts on the Goodyear Eagle LS (or a similar priced tire)

I have a 2007 4 door ex. I really need new tires.
Really anything would be an upgrade to what I have now, but after a little research I am thinking of getting the Goodyear Eagle LS.
Is this a decent tire?
Discount tire has them for $76 each with a refund going on right now.

If there is something better in that price range I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

Last edited by dotdotdot; 06-19-2018 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-19-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thoughts on the Goodyear Eagle LS (or a similar priced tire)

It's noisy already.
Old 06-19-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dotdotdot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
It's noisy already.
What do you mean?
Old 06-19-2018
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

I have no love for goodyears. They generally don't stay round during the full life of the tire. They get noisy. The 2007 civic left the factory on Goodyear Eagle RSA tires and they were getting bad tire life and noise at 10k miles.

Personally I try to stick with Yokohama for cheap tires. I have had very good luck with avid ascends on a pair of highway high miles per day accords. Personally I will agree with the old Michelin advertisement and say that there is only piece of every car on the road that actually touches the road. Everything relies on having decent tires why cheap out.
Old 06-19-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Those cars tend to wear the inboard edges of the tread in a very uneven choppy pattern that makes a lot of annoying noise. Certain tread pattern designs are much worse about it than others.