Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

Need to change brake pads and rotors

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Masker is an unknown quantity at this point
Need to change brake pads and rotors

Hello peeps,

So today I went to Honda for a free inspection and they told me that I needed my rear pads and rotors replaced they estimated the entire job to be 510$$$

I was not willing to pay that much, so i decided that I would do it myself. Now , I saw a rear kit (rotor+pads) on Amazon for 55$. It from Max Advanced Brakes. They have convincing review but I just wanted to see if anyone ever tried them?

Also they told me they dont know the state of the calipers. How do I know if they have to be replaced?

Here is the pic of the brake kit. 0
Old 03-12-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need to change brake pads and rotors

I hope the pic is wrong, those aren't rear pads or rotors for a Honda LOL

Pull wheels and inspect your brakes for yourself.
Inspect the condition of the rotors. May not really need any. But if you're in the rust zone, anything is possible.

Won't know about calipers until you get the rest of the brakes apart and try to spin the pistons in or find seized slide pins that can't be freed up....
Old 03-13-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

I think that's the same company I bought these from:

Amazon Amazon

I got them for the front of my 05. The price seemed like an unbelievable deal. I have been super happy with them, they work really well. In a couple weeks when I take my snow tires off I'll be inspecting them. They were holding up nicely in the fall, I've put 20,000kms on them and have had zero issues
Old 03-13-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

price in Canadian dollars, so salty roads