Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

2013 Honda Civic LX - Upgrade Tires from 15" to 16" ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
danlee_ca is an unknown quantity at this point
2013 Honda Civic LX - Upgrade Tires from 15" to 16" ?

Currently have:
195/65R15

Looking to use a 2009 Chrysler Sebring Touring tires:
P215/65R16

Is this possible, is there anything I need to consider, besides wheel bolts?
Old 03-08-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Honda Civic LX - Upgrade Tires from 15" to 16" ?

You can't fit 16" tires on the stock 15" wheels.
Will wheels from an 09 Chrysler product actually fit and work safely? I can't tell you that but I bet there are websites with that info you can look up.

You need a set of 16" wheels, correct for your particular car, including: correct size (diameter and width), correct offset, correct hub bore diameter (or matching centering rings if aftermarket wheels), correct lug pattern and size

Lugnut seat design must match that used on the new wheels

You will want the wheels to be able to accept your original tire pressure sensors.

The size tire you showed above will be a good bit taller than the original tires so your speedometer will not be accurate, and you may have issues with rubbing fenders and such.