Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

ABS Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
magog45 is an unknown quantity at this point
ABS Sensor

Ok, I have to change out the sensor on the right side rear on my 2002 civic sir, I know that the plug is up inside but has anyone had to change one and exactly what do I have to take apart to get at the harness.

Thx in advance for any help
Old 11-29-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ABS Sensor

Left rear looks like it's under the car.
Right rear looks like it's in the trunk.
Remove the board covering the spare tire area and you may be able to see where the wire comes up through the floor.
The ABS sensor connector is about 5cm away from the rear strut.
That may be hidden by the side panel (The pic I have of the connector doesn't show the interior panels in place)
Old 11-30-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
magog45 is an unknown quantity at this point

The pic might help I need to know which panel has to be removed so I don't go ripping things apart unnecessarily.
Old 11-30-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I can't hotlink my info due to copyright, sorry.

Look under the car to see where the ABS sensor wire disappears up through the floor. Lift out the board covering the spare tire and look where that same wire should appear.