Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

PA- 2011 civic Coupe. squeaky front brakes

Old 04-06-2013
2011 civic coupe lx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rjbst20 is an unknown quantity at this point
PA- 2011 civic Coupe. squeaky front brakes

Pittsburgh PA , 2 months ago i bought a 2011 black civic coupe . love it . thing is i didnt buy it at a honda dealership but i bought the honda warranty and i am running into problems with my front brakes, obviously being that it was not looked over by a Honda cert mech . After 2k miles already, i am getting the squeaky brakes and i know what that means.......probably need new ones . I have changed older late 90s to mid 2000s GM brakes but im kinda leary about screwing up DIY brakes with only 15K miles on the car and throwing the warranty in the trash. so my question is two parts. OEM brakes - a) how much is it average to get a front brake change at a Honda dealer service center. b) seeing other post on how easy it is to change the pads and rotars ...... if needed, should i risk DIY change with the car under warranty. any imput would be appreciated...
Old 04-06-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PA- 2011 civic Coupe. squeaky front brakes

How many miles on the car?

I have no idea what stop-and-go traffic is like where you live. Could be brutal for all I know.
If that were here, I'd expect the person delivered pizza if the brakes were worn out in that many miles. Most average people here have brakes last well past 30k even if they are in-town only drivers.

Pull the wheel off of the noisy corner and look at the brakes before you do anything rash, like buying a set of brakes.

It may have nothing to do with worn brakes at all.
A simple rock stuck in a brake can make a whole lot of scary noises.

(Under warranty, see a dealer first. See what they say. I know I have done brake jobs under the 3/36 warranty before.)

OE pad set:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...VIN+Number+---