Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

Question about tires and Rims HELPPPPP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
secs sellz is an unknown quantity at this point
Question about tires and Rims HELPPPPP!!

Okay guys i have a 2012 civic Coupe LX. I just bought a pair of 19 rims for them. Just wanted advice on the size of tires. I dont currently have the car dropped but i do want to put springs on the car. The specs of the rims are as follows.
114.3 x 5
19 x 9.5
35mm Offset
28lbs
70.6 bore

I have a good deal on some tires. 245/40/19 will these be okay to put on the car with out any problems?
Old 02-27-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question about tires and Rims HELPPPPP!!

I can't answer all your questions, but here's what I did

Step #1: Remove the front wheels and bolt the brand new rim on without any tire.

Does it clear the strut? Now try the other side. Does it clear too?

The reason I say this is I am running stock Accord 18x8 with 225-40-18 Michelins on my 12 Civic. The inner lip of the rim has only about 3mm clearance on one side, and about 5mm on the other. I had to pick my tire carefully so it wouldn't hang over the lip and rub the struts. I have no rub issues with my setup, but I am not lowered either.

Here's the thread I started when I got them: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...do-i-need.html

Your 245-40-19 choice will be quite a bit larger circumference than stock, so your speedometer will be off, and you might have rub problems (I seriously bet you will rub).
I picked my tire size to be dang close to original circumference so I have no speedo error.

Here's the tire and rim calculator page: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/t...calculator.php

Here's another one: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html