Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

Tire Recommendations?

Old 02-12-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dvsfurby is an unknown quantity at this point
Tire Recommendations?

Hi!

I'm looking for recommendations for good tires for everyday and autocross use. I race autox in my 2008 Si and the stock tires are just *not* cutting it. A couple friends who also race use/like the Dunlop Direzza DZ101s... but I'm a little uncertain after reading reviews, which are very mixed (seems to be a love/hate kind of thing -- everyone either says they have great grip in both wet and dry situations, as well as great tread wear or they say they have good grip when dry but horrible handling when wet - which is a big deal as I live in South Florida and it rains all the time - and they wear out waaaay too fast).

Anyone have any suggestions on good tires they use?
Old 02-12-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Tire Recommendations?

8k miles and you off to the next set... with luck.
just get them, use them, if you don't like, get different ones
Old 02-12-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Whats your budget?
Old 02-12-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dvsfurby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Whats your budget?
I'm trying to stay at (or under) $150 each.

And thanks for the advice! It's very appreciated!
Old 02-12-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

what tires you running now? they do yearly tire tests in the sportscar or grassroots motorsports magazine. also, like said, autoX tires do last around 8k. heck, took a lot of easy driving to keep my old RE01's to last 12k