Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

Winter tire suggestions?

Old 12-09-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
charliemotts is an unknown quantity at this point
Winter tire suggestions?

Hello,

I have a 2011 Civic SE sedan. When I bought the car used (it was nine months old) it came with Goodyear Nordic winter tires. I realize this is a light car, and there isn't a ton of clearance inside the wheel well for the clearing of snow from the tires, but this car has always really sucked in any amount of snow.

Even though there is still a lot of tread on the Nordics, I've decided to ditch them and try my luck on some new winter tires, hoping that will make some difference.

I'm not looking for performance winter tires that are good on frozen pavement, but not in snow. I'm looking for winter tires that are "good" in the snow, and are not too noisy or stiff over bumps. I do 70% of my driving within the city, but also take my Civic to ski hills and friends cottages. No track driving.

All that said, have any of you had good traction experience in snow with your Civic? If so, do you have a winter tire make/model you would recommend? No dealers or tire retailers please.

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about
Re: Winter tire suggestions?

Good Year 205/55R16 Fierce Instinct VR 91V BS about $106 each a year ago. This is my 2nd set of this tire since I bought the car new. Snows a few times a year here mostly ice. Experienced winter driver originally from upstate NY. My car has some mods and will easily spin the tires on dry pavement, these tires connect the power to the pavement well.

Search this Thread