Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

06 H Civic Hybrid I cant open the door with the remote key or manually?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johnny3306 is an unknown quantity at this point
06 H Civic Hybrid I cant open the door with the remote key or manually?

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid.This morning I tried to open the car door with the remote key and it wouldn't open. I tried to open it with my backup key manually and it still wouldn't open. Either keys wouldn't open the car or the trunk. I went to auto zone and tested my remote battery with them and it worked but I bought a new battery anyways and tried it on my car and still didn't open the car. It's my first Honda Civic and especially a hybrid and I just bought this car 4 months ago. Before this I didn't use my car for 2 days and I have a tendency to leave a light inside the car on sometimes. Is it possible the battery is completely dead and it's not letting me open the car? To open the car on this hybrid is it electrically? I was told I might need to tow it and take it to Honda dealership which is what I'm trying to avoid. Any help would be appreciated I'm new to this stuff.
Old 12-12-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johnny3306 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 06 H Civic Hybrid I cant open the door with the remote key or manually?

So I got a hold of the previous owner and apparently I missed the info where the two keys he gave me don't open the car just start the car. The remote is the only way to open the car. So I might just need to reprogram the key I hope!
Old 12-12-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 06 H Civic Hybrid I cant open the door with the remote key or manually?

Originally Posted by Johnny3306
So I got a hold of the previous owner and apparently I missed the info where the two keys he gave me don't open the car just start the car. The remote is the only way to open the car. So I might just need to reprogram the key I hope!
The 12v battery in the car is likely completely dead.

Someone might have to break in using a lockout kit.
Someone might jimmy the hood open so the battery can be jumped and then the remote might work to unlock the doors.
You could get your door lock cylinder retumbled to match the key you have OR get a replacement lock cylinder (or complete lock set, or individual cylinders) that comes with its own key.

Simpler possible solution: Have a PLAIN (cheapo) key blank cut to match your cars VIN at the dealership or lock shop, that MIGHT fit the door---assuming the door lock is probably still original to the car.