Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Automatic Transmission Oil Pressure Switch

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
joenobodyyet is an unknown quantity at this point
Automatic Transmission Oil Pressure Switch

My car (2008 Civic LX automatic 4 door, 75,000 miles) starting shifting weird a few weeks ago and the green light next do D(drive) started flashing, then my check engine light came on. I got codes P0847 and P0756. After about a week, the check engine light went off, and it seems to be shifting better again. I have read MANY posts online about this common problem and most say that it's most likely a bad transmission pressure switch sensor. I figured I would buy one and swap it out, but I am not sure exactly which transmission fluid pressure switch to get. Here are the 3 options I have seen in posts:

28600-RPC-013
28600-RPC-003
28600-RPC-004

I was sent this: "The 3rd Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch is Honda part # 28600-RPC-013 which replaced part # 28600-RPC-003.
The washer/gasket part # is 90471-PW7-A00. The switch is located at the bottom of the transmission housing."

So I went on eBay and bought a genuine Honda switch part 28600-RPC-013, but the person sent me 28600-RPC-004. I was under the impression that the -004 was for the 2nd gear/clutch transmission fluid pressure switch and the -013 (which replaced -003) was the 3rd gear/clutch transmission fluid pressure switch.

The guy on eBay says that the 28600-RPC-004 is the replacement part for 28600-RPC-013. Can anyone help and confirm if this is true or not? I would rather not take a gamble with the wrong part. Thanks
Old 11-27-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Automatic Transmission Oil Pressure Switch

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4754364
Old 11-27-2018
Registered!!

I wonder if we have any other opinions in this forum? Anyone have any knowledge on these parts?
Old 11-27-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Look in the parts catalog that was already linked for you to look at:
28600-RPC-004 is 2nd gear pressure switch.
28600-RPC-013 is 3rd gear pressure switch.

Can they interchange? Maybe. Probably.
If you don't like what you already purchased, order the correct part number from your local dealership.
Old 11-28-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Listen to the actual Honda mechanic, how's that for an opinion?
Old 11-28-2018
Registered!!

Thanks guys, I checked the link sent by ezone and it was for a 2010, but I assume that it's the same parts for a 2008. I couldn't find where it says which is the 2nd gear and which is the 3rd gear. It lists them both as "switch assembly". I did notice on the diagram that one is on the bottom front and the other seems to be on the top rear of the transmission.

I just got off the phone with the dealership and the guy said that 28600-RPC-003 was replaced by 28600-RPC-013, and THEN that was replaced by 28600-RPC-004. I asked about the difference between the 2nd and 3rd gear switches and he said, "both switches are the same."
Old 11-28-2018

Originally Posted by joenobodyyet
Thanks guys, I checked the link sent by ezone and it was for a 2010, but I assume that it's the same parts for a 2008.
I was probably already looking for something in that year, or was reading another post for a 2010. At any rate, the two years use the same parts. You could just start at the beginning on the parts catalog link and build your own car to verify.

I couldn't find where it says which is the 2nd gear and which is the 3rd gear. It lists them both as "switch assembly". I did notice on the diagram that one is on the bottom front and the other seems to be on the top rear of the transmission.
Correct, the catalog does NOT identify either item by function...that's the point where I would need to pick out which item I need, and I may refer to the factory wiring diagrams or other service info in order to correctly identify which switch in the parts diagram is associated with which transmission function.

I just got off the phone with the dealership and the guy said that 28600-RPC-003 was replaced by 28600-RPC-013,
Confirmed as per the parts catalog.

and THEN that was replaced by 28600-RPC-004
I cannot confirm this from the parts catalog. That number is shown as the 2nd gear pressure switch, as you saw in the catalog. (On that note, I'm a tech not a parts department person)
I asked about the difference between the 2nd and 3rd gear switches and he said, "both switches are the same."
I bet they only ever stock the one switch # just to simplify their inventory.

I can't tell you they are the same, but as I said before: Functionally they are likely the same