Electrical Post information/questions/Issues about Electric parts here.

2012 civic fuses melting but good

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ellisjay2 is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 civic fuses melting but good

I checked my fuses last night since my passeneger front window wouldnt go up...but couldnt get some of the fuses out since they were hot..melted kind of and stuck to pull out. 20A section its 4 of them P/W section......what could be causing them to do so.....after natural thinking and light frustration i went over to passenger door and hit on window button and window switch back working, so of course its a short to ground...something loose somewhere.......but from what I read about chinese fuses is that they are known for this problem. Everything stock in car, no sound after market sound systems or electrical add ons.....Would it lead to me getting a whole new fuse board for under steering compartment?
Old 09-30-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 civic fuses melting but good

Fuse that melts the plastic without blowing ?? Got pics?
a Harbor Freight RECALL fuse is possible, but the factory would not install generic fuses.......... though a shop or car owner could.

I wonder if a window switch was stuck on causing things to get hot? (that may not blow a fuse because the motor has an internal circuit breaker)
The fuse issue could go away as long as the switch doesn't get stuck again

FYI I sometimes install standard size mini fuses instead of the super short mini fuses....because they are electrically the same and I have scads of them in my toolbox.
There have been a few cases where clearance was an issue though, but that shouldn't be an issue for you.

Just one side of one fuse is melted? I'd expect the contacts inside the fuse box for one of the fuse blades isn't tight enough to provide good electrical current flow.....but once those contacts have been hot they tend to lose their tension. .
Warning: Fuse box replacement is not plug and play. It must be programmed for immobilizer functions before the car will run.