Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

2010 Civic Door Lock Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DereKHudgin is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry 2010 Civic Door Lock Issue

I have a 2010 Civic EX with only the driver's door being a keyed entry for the car. About 2-3 weeks ago, I was locked out of my car because my key wouldn't turn. Felt jammed, wouldn't turn in the cylinder at all. Eventually, we broke in by reaching in for the trunk hatch. The only way I could get the car to lock/unlock now is through the manual door rocker that controls the locks; electric lock buttons don't work, the key doesn't turn in the cylinder. And the funny thing is that breaking into the car didn't even sound off the alarm. I've replaced the door lock actuator for the driver's door and checked fuses. Can't seem to find a remedy. Any other thoughts/ideas would be helpful. I've thought about replacing the lock cylinder in the door, but I'm not sure if there's a deeper electrical issue that may be the root cause of all this.

Note: my front bumper is off the car and has exposed some under the hood stuff for a while, so that may have initiated some cause for this issue.
Old 09-17-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2010 Civic Door Lock Issue

If the key won't go in and turn in the lock cylinder, the cylinder either needs retumbled or replaced. (I retumble most of those so the owner doesn't have to have multiple keys)

Power locks not working.......does that mean the remotes also do not work?
Does the stock radio work?
Did you check all fuses in both fuse boxes?
Old 09-17-2018
Registered!!

DereKHudgin is an unknown quantity at this point

-no key remotes, just the panel buttons that stopped working.
-Havent checked radio because I usually listen to CDs or iPod through Aux. both of which work fine still, but I’ll check that ASAP
—checked both boxes. Swapped out the door lock fuse with the spare just to make sure, but nothing looked blown.
Old 09-28-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

checked both boxes. Swapped out the door lock fuse with the spare just to make sure, but nothing looked blown.
Gotta check ALL fuses, not just the one labeled. There's a whole lot more involved in controlling the locks than one fuse.
Master switch in the drivers door,
multiplex control unit which is built in to the dash fuse box,
power lock switch on passengers door

multiple switches within both door lock (latches), if one of those is stuck in the wrong position I wonder if it could disable other power lock actions
Is the door lock cylinder stuck in a turned position?

no key remotes
EX came with keyless entry. You SHOULD have the remote built into the key head.
I know plain keys are available without the remote though. Much cheaper lol

both of which work fine
Ok so the back-up fuse isn't blown.

You may want a service manual and wiring diagrams
Old 10-03-2021
Registered!!

Justicemhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know where I can get a wire diagram for the driver door of a 2015 Honda Civic si. I recently installed lambo doors and had to extend the wires from the door to the car. And everything works fine except for the driver door automatic lock. The key fob won’t lock or unlock it. The button inside won’t do either and the button on the outside won’t do anything. The passenger side lock works fine.
Old 10-15-2021

Originally Posted by Justicemhall
Does anyone know where I can get a wire diagram for the driver door of a 2015 Honda Civic si.
Got a friendly indy shop? Info systems like alldata and Mitchell on demand would have diagrams.

Factory Honda service info access can be purchased at
techinfo.honda.com