Electronics Post information/questions/Issues about Electronic parts here.

Odormeter Reads Zero Miles After Alternator Replacement - Car had 195k Miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aamalvarez is an unknown quantity at this point
Odormeter Reads Zero Miles After Alternator Replacement - Car had 195k Miles

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum as I am seeking help for the problem I have with my 2007 Honda Civic LX. Last week when driving to work my battery light came up and a few miles later all the lights in the car started to shot down one by one and the car died. AAA came and towed me home which helped me to identify the problem was the alternator because the car fired back up with no problems after a quick jump start. Yesterday I changed the alternator and after the installation was completed, I turned on the car and realized that my odometer is readings 000000 miles like a brand new car (I wish it was true!). Anyways, I don't know what could be the problem and would really appreciate some help. Thank you for the help!
Old 09-11-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Odormeter Reads Zero Miles After Alternator Replacement - Car had 195k Miles

You or the tow truck person hit the tripmeter button and reset that to zero?
Old 09-11-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aamalvarez is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Odormeter Reads Zero Miles After Alternator Replacement - Car had 195k Miles

No, Everything was fine before changing the alternator. I remember seeing my mileage on the dashboard.
Old 09-11-2018
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Is it counting miles now or is it stuck at 0000000000000 miles. If it is stuck take it to a dealer and they should be able to read the mileage with a scan tool. If they can read the mileage with a scan tool that mileage can be transferred to a "NEW" gauge cluster. It has to be a new unit it can NOT be a used/junkyard unit. If the scan tool reads the new low miles I think you are pretty much stuck with it.

now you need to find that tow truck driver and see if he can make people younger too.