Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

2015 civic startup issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vero003 is an unknown quantity at this point
2015 civic startup issues

Since a bit over last week, my car has suddenly given me problems when turning on the car. It’s a 2015, so i cant imagine why a relatively new car would give problems like this. I have taken it to autozone and honda service but they say the battery is perfectly new and the alternator?(idk what it’s called, my dad told me to check it) is fine.
Upon turning the key, the car struggles to turn on, it sounds like it’s dead and usually just gives out. But if i hold it in the turning on position for a few seconds longer, it starts up with no further problem. Also, if i don’t hold it in, the car gives a bunch of warnings like tpms needs to be checked, the brakes and airbags. And the radio has a wierd buzzing sound. The ac will blow, but not cold, while it’s in this state as well.
As soon as i get the car going after holding the key in, its back to normal. It doesn’t have any warnings, the radio is fine and the ac is very cold as i like it.
This only happens when I go to start the car! not every time, but’s it’s happened to me almost 10 times, and the gap between everytime it happens is shortening.
I just wanna know if any 2015 civic owners are experiencing the same thing? I should probably note my car has 22,000 miles~.
Im so worried about it, I have to make a 4 hour drive next week and worried that I won’t be able to get it fixed before i leave. I’m still under warranty until october. Any recommendations ???
Old 08-03-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: 2015 civic startup issues

You're under warranty.
Take it to Honda and have them figure it out.
Did the battery actually get tested?
Could also have a bad ground connection, or other electrical connection.
Old 08-03-2018
Registered!!

vero003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Colin42
You're under warranty.
Take it to Honda and have them figure it out.
Did the battery actually get tested?
Could also have a bad ground connection, or other electrical connection.
When i took it to them they had it for an hour and said my battery was brand new and charged. They said they tested turning it on and off but it showed no problems and just gave it back to me.
Ill keep the electrical connections in mind when I go back to them! Ill ask if they can check that somehow
Old 08-03-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Make a video so the rest of us can see what's happening and what you are doing
Old 03-19-2019
Registered!!

CivicGal29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vero003
Since a bit over last week, my car has suddenly given me problems when turning on the car. It’s a 2015, so i cant imagine why a relatively new car would give problems like this. I have taken it to autozone and honda service but they say the battery is perfectly new and the alternator?(idk what it’s called, my dad told me to check it) is fine.
Upon turning the key, the car struggles to turn on, it sounds like it’s dead and usually just gives out. But if i hold it in the turning on position for a few seconds longer, it starts up with no further problem. Also, if i don’t hold it in, the car gives a bunch of warnings like tpms needs to be checked, the brakes and airbags. And the radio has a wierd buzzing sound. The ac will blow, but not cold, while it’s in this state as well.
As soon as i get the car going after holding the key in, its back to normal. It doesn’t have any warnings, the radio is fine and the ac is very cold as i like it.
This only happens when I go to start the car! not every time, but’s it’s happened to me almost 10 times, and the gap between everytime it happens is shortening.
I just wanna know if any 2015 civic owners are experiencing the same thing? I should probably note my car has 22,000 miles~.
Im so worried about it, I have to make a 4 hour drive next week and worried that I won’t be able to get it fixed before i leave. I’m still under warranty until october. Any recommendations ???
Mine acted up all summer, it was the worst! Every time the dealer had it, my car started right up though. I was about to leave this last time when the car finally did it in front of them. I was like, see I'm not crazy! They replaced the starter and it's been so much better since!

Good luck!
Old 03-20-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

While it is having issues, try jumping it from another vehicle. If it fires right up there is a problem with the charging system.

-battery
-alternator
-relay
-power wire/ground

If it does not fire up then you know to look else where.

Also keep an eye out for the anti theift icon when the car does not start.