Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Clutch clicking noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pi653 is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch clicking noise

Small issue I've been having when depressing and releasing the clutch. It makes a single click loud enough for me to hear no matter how revved up the engine is when pressed passed a certain point and at that same point same noise when released and only if I'm going fast enough, if I go super slow pressing it, it doesnt make it. The click still happens when the car is off so I'm pretty sure it's not anything inside the transmission like the clutch or throw out bearing. Should I replace the slave cylinder? Or is it my car telling me I'm just pressing/releasing the clutch too fast?
Old 07-30-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Clutch clicking noise

It's probably just the return spring. Stick your ear down by the pedal and press it with your hand. Is it louder? Can you tell now if its inside the car or out?
Old 08-15-2023
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rkbothell has a spectacular aura aboutrkbothell has a spectacular aura aboutrkbothell has a spectacular aura about
Re: Clutch clicking noise

The return spring has a small plastic clip attached so the spring doesn't have any front and back play in it. You probably can't see the plastic clip when the pedal is installed. Take out the pedal and find the plastic clip on the spring.