2012 Civic EXL TPMS Issue - Honda Civic Forum

Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1 Week Ago   #1  
Eric

ericsharp is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 Civic EXL TPMS Issue

Got my 1st Honda back in February, 2012 Civic EX-L Coupe.

Bought it from a local used car dealer, who I *thought* was reliable... when I test drove the car I noticed the TPMS system light was flashing when the car turned on, and then burned steady after that. The dealership said it was probably because it was cold outside.
Anyway, fast forward to now, and I am still having the same issue. The light still flashes every time I start the car. I've looked online how to reset the system, with no luck. I have no "Calibration" menu option. I've also tried disconnecting my battery for 5 minutes, and that still did not work. All my tires are the correct pressure, including the spare.
This little yellow light is annoying, I like my dashboards clean

Any help is appreciated!
ericsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2  
Allow me to explain through interpretive dance

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Civic EXL TPMS Issue

Quote:
local used car dealer, who I *thought* was reliable
They probably are. You probably don't want understand how business (and cars) works.
Also, you apparently bought this car knowing full well there's an obvious problem with this system. Your fault for not having them fix it before you purchased it.
Quote:
when I test drove the car I noticed the TPMS system light was flashing
The letters TPMS, or the low pressure icon "(!)" ?
What does your owners manual say about this? (PAGE 311)

Pretty likely it has one or more damaged, missing, dead, or dying sensors, they are almost 7 years old now.
Also it's possible they have had ample opportunities for careless tire installers to damage them during a tire change. .

I'm sure any Honda dealership can fix it if you wish to pay for it.
ezone is offline   Reply With Quote