Air Conditioning Post issues about air conditioning here

2015 Civic EX - AC issue... Sorry if duplicate.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yaya2407 is an unknown quantity at this point
2015 Civic EX - AC issue... Sorry if duplicate.

It's Florida. It's hot. And my A/C is starting to give me problems.
If it turns on, it doesn't blow on high if I have it set on high. It blows lower than low. Then, when it comes around and starts blowing on high, it is just warm air.
There is sometimes a rattling sound. It sounds like a lawn mower starting up when I turn the A/C off and on. I try to turn it off for a little while and just be miserable in the humid air with my windows down, but that doesn't help much. Sometimes if I turn my car off and back on, it will blow like it's supposed to, but that only lasts for a little while.

I took it to the dealership and, naturally, they couldn't replicate the issue, so therefore could not fix it. They only assumed it was the transistor and that would cost nearly $200 to fix. I'm fine with that if it means I won't be sweating profusely on my way to work, but I'd rather know for sure before I spend that much money...

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, was it the transistor? ...whatever that is because I am pretty dumb when it comes to car stuff.
Also, I have a video that is currently uploading on YouTube that I can link when it's done.

Thank you!
Old 07-02-2018
Registered!!

Re: 2015 Civic EX - AC issue... Sorry if duplicate.

Here's the video:

Old 07-02-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I can't hear much in the video right now.....

I'd wildass guess the blower motor may be bad.
If the fan motor doesn't run immediately when commanded by the HVAC control unit, the control unit won't let the AC compressor turn on.
Old 07-02-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
I can't hear much in the video right now.....

I'd wildass guess the blower motor may be bad.
If the fan motor doesn't run immediately when commanded by the HVAC control unit, the control unit won't let the AC compressor turn on.
Good to know. I made a 45 minute drive today with no air coming out whatsoever. Finally turned on and blew hot air for another 15 mins. I'm just a broke girl trying to figure out the cheapest solution...
Old 07-02-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know where the fan motor is located? (below glovebox area, but may have a plastic panel hiding the HVAC box)

When it doesn't work, smack the bottom of the motor with your hand (I'd kick it with my toe). If it starts running the fan when you smack it, the motor is bad.

DIY= some screws and a wire connection.